Join the BSTN Team
BSTN is actively hiring Direct Support Professionals for the greater Memphis area. Join us and become part of one of the most talented, caring and professional teams in TN.
The full job description and the link to apply are below.
Direct Support Professional
Behavioral Services of Tennessee, BSTN, is actively hiring Direct Support Professional to join our team. BSTN is recognized across Tennessee for our successful work with people with intellectual disabilities who are facing the most complex mental, behavioral, and health challenges. BSTN is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking to hire highly motivated employees to provide exceptional care for people with intellectual disabilities for the Memphis, Cordova, Millington, Atoka and Oakland areas. Our current starting rate is $14.00/hour with room for advancement.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — to focus on the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a 2nd form of identification
- Pass background check
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reading, writing, and carrying out directions
- Charting or taking notes for others to review
- Providing companionship and supportive listening
- Reporting changes in the health or status of the client
- Taking vitals, height, and weight
- Feeding clients
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Transporting client to appointments
- Providing support with hobbies, studies, and social activities
Behavioral Services of Tennessee offers a competitive compensation package, Dental insurance, Health insurance and Vision insurance.